Sunday, January 4, 2015

Chugging Along

I forgot to post yesterday. Oh well, it's not about perfection it's just about building good habits again. yesterday was good and I went to the park and walked farther than usual with my doggy. I ate very well but I keep getting gluten on accident so I don't have the relief from pain yet. I am going to be super vigilant reading labels and just avoid anything packaged. The truth is I only use meat analogs when the kids are here, and they're going back to school today. For food, I had an avocado with fresh salsa for breakfast and some organic grapes. I just put a whole load of delicious root vegetables in the crockpot- organic red potatoes, organic sweet potatoes, organic sweet onion, organic carrots, and organic celery. I just tossed it with a little olive oil and Mrs. Dash. Plus salt-and-pepper because I'm a rebel. Take that Mrs. Dash! I'm reading the Daniel Plan on my Kindle and having it read aloud to me. It is weird to hear the robot lady. I like it though because I can knit while I listen. So far, I am very impressed with The Daniel Plan. I had sworn I was never going to buy another healthy lifestyle book. What could they possibly say that would be different from all the other ones I have read? And it's true that the nutrition stuff is the same. But I really like the spiritual aspects and the scriptural support for taking care of your body. I need to get together a small group to do it properly. I at least have my sister and brother-in-law on board and that is the most important since they live with me. I am also going to start going back to church. My sister found a good one and I want to check it out. They are very service focused which I like. I was going to go today but there is too much to do with the kids going back to school and me getting ready to go back to work tomorrow. It has been a lovely vacation and I'm sad to see it end.

No comments: