Friday, January 2, 2015

Temptation Already

I feel a lot more prepared after my sojourn to the temple of health known as Trader Joe's. I got all kinds of lovely vegetables and fruits. I made a really hearty vegetable stew. It passed muster with the kids so it must've been okay.I forgot how much I enjoy an avocado with salsa on it. It is probably my very favorite simple meal. i've forgotten how many pit falls there are at every turn when you've decided to eat healthfully. I am trying really hard not to think about the strawberry ice cream in the freezer and I don't even like strawberry best. I am also trying not to think about that Hersheys kisses that didn't get used in Christmas cookies. The thing is, I don't even think that I could be convinced to actually to indulge in these treats, but the very fact of their existence is torture. The Grateful Dead said it best the first days are the hardest days. But I am committed to writing and so this is what you get. I got Laura's car fixed today. Thank God for Stanley my amazing mechanic who only charged me 80 bucks. I am super tired and pretty cranky, which is classic withdrawl for me. I went to do my walk and a mean nun wouldn't let me in the park which is connected to a Catholic school. Hope McPuppypants and I just walked around outside the school but it hurt my feelings. Okay now I am depressing and annoying myself so I will sign off and try to have a better attitude tomorrow.

No comments: