Monday, September 29, 2008

Day Five-Frustration

I am not really frustrated by my new way of eating, but by other crap going on in my life, like my van breaking down again. It is an old, crappy van and it keeps having things go wrong. Its so funny that yesterday I said that I wanted to ride my bike everywhere. But actually I have a daughter that I need to pick up at night from Dance Team and I have a son with late night rehearsals for theatre and it doesn't seem like a great idea to be without a car for those times.

One thing I hate as a single mom is that I feel like I have no one to turn to when stuff happens. Like, right now, I have one toilet that won't refill with water automatically when it is flushed, you have to take the lid off the tank and mess with it. My dryer died and I haven't been able to get a new one. And now, here it goes with the car again.

I am eternally grateful to God that He has sustained my strength through all this and not allowed me to be tempted by bad foods. I used to eat tons of fast food. Even when I was a vegetarian, I got 2 Seven layer burritos at Taco Bell almost every day. I spent huge amounts of money on junk foods like pizza and sweets. Now I am choosing only fruits, vegetables, and nuts and I don't even crave the other stuff by some miracle. I have no idea if it will stay this easy, but I know from past experience that once I lose my sugar craving (which usually takes about 3 days) I don't crave it at all.

On the other hand, I have been making a lot of cooked food for my kids. Today I made them both farfalle alfredo with broccoli, and a huge dish of sweet and sour tofu with pineapple, red and green peppers and onions. Do my kids love these dishes? No. They like them ok, but the one who loved them like crazy was me. Why am I deliberately tempting myself?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay. For the dryer, Craigslist. sometimes folks give away perfectly good ones for free. Some will even deliver for a fee, or you can rent vehicles from home depot or uhaul to get them. Just a thought.

I'm so not trying to comment on every post!