Sunday, September 28, 2008

Day Four--Festive and Raw at the Festival

Today we took my mom to the Polish festival in N. Portland. It was really fun, and I had no trouble saying no to the polish sausage and stuffed cabbage rolls because I planned ahead and brought some fruit and almonds to munch on. We watched the dancers and I couldn't help but think how much I would love it if I could lose enough weight that I could be doing the polka and having a blast next year. I want to be one of those people who rides her bike everywhere, even commutes to work by bike, and does fun things with her kids. I'm sick of watching while they go on waterslides without me, ride go-carts with out me, take the boat out that I'm afraid to go in because I may lose my balance, or worse, sink it. I always said we'd go backpack around Europe when my daughter was 16. Well that's only a few months off and I not only is it way more expensive now, I also know it would be a big drag for me right now because I'm so fat. I've given up so much of my life to food. My children have been robbed of the kind of mom they should have had. Worse, I've cheated myself. If raw food can deliver me from this, cooked food will never even tempt me again.

No comments: