Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Juicy Life--Day 40 of My 40 Day Juice Feast

I made it to day 40! Can I get a woo-hoo?! Starting tomorrow, I will be breaking the fast with green smoothies. I am totally looking forward to that. I am going to keep journaling for the next week until the fast is completely broken.

I have some fear around putting on weight just because I am coming off the juice. A little bump is ok with me, but a big one will most likely freak me out. I am going to weigh in today, a few days early, just to document how much I released while on the juice feast, officially. One thing is that the number may be skewed by hormonal stuff right now, if you know what I mean. *wink, wink!*

I am going to continue to start the day with one quart of green juice. And later in the day, I will have at least one quart of green smoothies. One thing I've learned, loud and clear, is get those greens in, any way you can.

Today, I did a video for the main page of Raw Food Rehab.com! And guess what, I suck at it! lol I kept looking down to see my notes and that was not good--it looks like I am narcoleptic and falling asleep. Also the light was awkward and my face looks weird. Also, I say "huge" A LOT. lol Penni makes it look so easy! Oh well, the words were from the heart.

I had a weird thing happen yesterday. A friend that I used to work with said, "Come on now, just admit it. It is pretty obvious you've had a gastric bypass." lol The hilarious part is that Hecks NO, I did not. But I had to have an emergency abdominal surgery in February (to repair a huge hernia from where an old C-section scar opened up) and then I took off all this weight, so I can see why she went there. The fact is, I had already removed 60 lbs when I had that surgery, and I told her that. She said, well doctors make you take off a lot of weight on your own before you have the operation. I almost said, "Here's my health record number. Look it up!" (We work for a health care organization.) But I did not, and I'm glad. Look, I am not anti people who choose to have that operation. I definitely considered having it myself when I weighed 400 lbs. I am just a big chicken when it comes to pain and surgery, and I had doubts that it would work for me because my problem was compulsive eating. I know people who had the operation, took off the weight, and put it right back on again a few years later because they never learned to relate to food properly. I think people who choose that route deserve all our love and support. I just didn't choose that route--instead, I believe God performed a miracle in me and relieved my compulsions, and led me to a live food raw diet. I don't want to deny what He did for me, and I don't want to cheat someone else from learning how to help themselves with raw. And frankly, people can believe whatever they want to believe. The only One whose opinion matters already knows because He did it! lol

Thank you all for being by my side for these 40 days. Every comment has meant the world to me! I love you, Man!

No comments: