Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Juice Life--Day 16 of My 40 Day Juice Feast

What Day I'm On: 16 out of 40 (40% of the way)

How's It Going: Yesterday was much better. The migraine faded to a dull ache that came and went throughout the day, and that made it so much more tolerable. I got in a good workout at the gym. Throughout my juice feast, I've chosen to keep working out with my usual workout: I hit the gym about 5:30 a.m. every day and walk on the treadmill for 40 minutes (there's that 40 again!) and then lift weights for another 20 minutes, 3 times per week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I've noticed a definite serge in energy for working out doing my juice feast. In addition, I walk on my lunch hour every day, not at "work out speed" but slower and more contemplative; a walking meditation and prayer time. I listen to Christian music on my iphone and watch the squirrels and the birds play in the park across from my job. Even though it is not for the purpose of exercising, I think the more movement I can get in, the better for me, and the more calories I'll burn, too. We humans were designed to move it, move it. Walking is one of the very best things you can do. It doesn't need any fancy equipment, you can do it any where and any time, and it's free. It's easy on your joints, great for your circulation (get that blood and lymph moving!) and at least for me, there is a clarity of mind and spirit that I get while I am walking that is unparalleled by anything else I do.

How awesome is it that my 17 yr old daughter, who loves nothing in the world as much as a good sleep-in, has gotten up with me at 5 a.m. this whole summer to work out with me? I know there were times when I would have just as soon rolled over and gone back to sleep, but I got up and did it because otherwise I would hear about it from Nora! She is a great kid. This is her senior year and I am just enjoying the heck out of her, and my son Joe. They have really grown into neat people; ones I would be friends with, even if they weren't my kids. I'm feeling really blessed and grateful today.

What I'm Drinking: The word of the day is tomatoes! I got the attack of the killer (but in a good way) tomatoes yesterday! The crew at Limbo saved me bags and bags of them for my juice feast! Since I go in there almost every day, they know me, if not by name, but as that crazy raw vegan who buys up all their dollar bags. I haven't told them I am on a juice feast--I wonder if they think I am eating all of this? lol Anyway, there will be red, juicy goodness today! Oh yes! (Of course I will add celery and greens, lots and lots of greens, gotta have the greens!) Kale and romaine and spinach on tap today. I am looking forward to this one!

Detox: Nothing to write home about.

Emotional Detox: Feeling good today, and felt pretty durn good all yesterday. Life is sweet!

Emotional De-cluttering: Here's another scary trip into the deep recesses of Mallory's psyche to uncover and release her limit beliefs. (Don't be afraid--I'll hold your hand!) Today's limiting belief is around being a "fat slob." I have been overweight all my life, and I have heard that phrase over and over again, not directed at me (except maybe in elementary school when kids basically tortured me about my weight.) That phrase resonates with me, down in my soul, in the dank, smelly recesses where fear and loathing hang out. And it is time to clean house! The thing is, while I crave order, I do tend to be a messy person. On top of that, I am a busy person, so often when I have an abundance of good intention, I don't have an abundance of time, and the execution suffers. There was a time, not that long ago, when I was so depressed about my weight, I let everything slide: my house, my person hygiene (not horrible but I wasn't great about making sure that I was looking my best.) I let my hair go too long between cuts, I wore clothes that had stains on them or small holes sometimes. I never even bothered with make-up; to me it would be like lipstick on a pig. (Ouch! More harsh limiting beliefs!)

During my juice feast, I've been putting a lot of emphasis on choosing things I like to wear and that I look good in. (Sometimes hard to find since my closet is full of clothes that are way too big for me now. Time to bless someone else!) I get a shower after the gym, every day, and take time to brush and floss. I put coconut oil on after my shower to be nice to my skin and be dewy soft. I'm going to get a haircut and get my eyebrows done--something that makes me feel great. Although I can't believe I pay good money for a nice Vietnamese lady to lovingly rip my eyebrow hairs out by the root! lol

I also have hoarding tendencies--which I fight hard, and have made great strides in my life, the FlyLady really helped there--but behind them is that other limiting belief, "I will need it and I won't have it." This is the ultimate poverty thinking, and in a way, it is a slap in the face to God, who has provided so well for me every moment of my life.

But my bedroom is cluttered up right now with big cardboard boxes. Why? Ironically, so I can fill them with stuff to give to charity! But they are messy and in my way right now. Procrastination is a bad thing.

So this morning is going to be dedicated to order and self-care. I am going to fill the boxes and get them out of there.

The fat slob will please exit the building, and oh yeah, my life. 'K thnkx bai!

Physical De-Cluttering: This week's plan: too big "good" work clothes go to the resale shop; the rest go to charity, along with all the stuff I was saving for a garage sale that probably isn't going to happen. I hate having garage sales anyway! They are such a pain. I would rather bless the Salvation Army! A few things will get listed on ebay.

Advice From Dave: The International Day of Juice Feasting is coming up, and all of y'all need to be there! If you can't be in Seattle, you can stream it live on your computer on September 12, from noon to 4pm PST. Just look at the line-up: Dave The Raw Food Trucker, Matt Monarch and Angela Stokes-Monarch, Elaina Love, and even some of your friends from RFR, like me and Annette and Thubten will be there. Maybe, just maybe, there will be another surprise guest or two that will definitely make you squeal. I put all the details on the events section, so check it out. It's going to be great!

No comments: