Monday, August 9, 2010

The Juicy Life--Day 4 of My 40 Day Juice Feast

I am now on Day 4 of a 40 day juice feast. Wow, I am 10% of the way through! I want to document my journey here. I would love to have advice from experienced juice feasters, since I am very much a newbie. I would also love it if anyone who feels so inclined would like to try it along with me. It certainly doesn't have to be 40 days! You could do a day or two, or longer if the Spirit moves you.

Juice Feasting is really a modified fast. You are giving your body a rest from the heavy work of digestion and allowing it to do the clean up and healing work it always wanted to do, but never had time for because it was busy digesting your dinner. Fasting has numerous benefits, among them healing, an increase in energy, and for me, an important part is a deepening of my spiritual experience. Like anything that is worthwhile, it can be challenging. The feeling of accomplishment at the end of the feast is going to feel incredible, I suspect. But even more, the act of doing such a loving thing for yourself, of purging yourself of toxins and leaving behind all that is no longer serving you, can be so healthy mentally and emotionally as well as physically.

I am doing 40 days because in the Bible, that is the number that symbolizes completeness. Jesus fasted in the desert for 40 days, it rained for 40 days during Noah's great flood, the Isrealites wandered in the desert for 40 years, etc.

Already from this juice feast, I feel closer to God. He is my Source and the center of my life; all good things and all love flow from Him. Every time I have any discomfort or temptation, I choose to go to Him over and over for strength and comfort, and that is a very, very good thing. I am being filled with compassion for my fellow men, women, and especially children, who go to bed hungry and not by choice. They cannot just pick a day to end their hunger. I feel incredibly blessed by all the amazing produce and the abundance that is flowing into my life. I can feel the pure life energy contained in the plants that I juice nourishing me, deep down, even at a cellular level. I feel clean, and light. I know that I am being healed, even to the depths of my being.

I am working also on detoxing myself of emotional baggage: people and situations I need to forgive and send love to; limiting beliefs that are holding me back that I am willing to release. I am cleaning my house, literally, as well, giving away things that no longer serve me that they may bless someone else.

I would love to have you along for my journey, either as a co-juice feaster, a sage adviser, or a supportive spectator. Together, we are healing our lives, one day at a time.

No comments: