Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Juicy Life--Day 14 of My 40 Day Juice Feast

How Far Along I Am: Day 14 out of 40, 35% of the way

How's It Going? I felt really, really tired yesterday. Driving to my mom's after work to do her wound care, I almost felt like I should pull over and nap. Last night, I didn't sleep too well so I don't feel too much better this morning. I'm not sure what this is all about, and whether it is related to my juice feast or not. Hmm....any of you experienced juice feasters ever have this happen?

What I'm Drinking: I'm kind of in a rut: romaine, kale, cucumber, tomato, sweet red bell pepper. Lemon water and MSM upon rising. Things taste a little better to me, so I must be getting used to it,

Detox? I'll just say, I still don't need any enema! Keeping close to restrooms is a good thing. :)

Emotional Detox? Nope. Just cranky from being tired.

Emotional De-Cluttering: I am saying these affirmations: I love and approve of myself. I deserve love. What I seek is seeking me. There IS someone out there for me, and when the time is right, I will meet him!

In the mean time, I will keep working on myself, so that when I do meet him, I will be the kind of girl he can fall in love with. :) Penni gives me hope. She ended up with a great guy. :)

Physical De-Cluttering: I need to get back to this. I've not been great about it, for the same old reason, time. If I even get rid of one thing a day, I will be making progress, right? Annette came over yesterday to bring me veggies and the kids had camped out in the living room the night before, just for fun, and they had the house a wreck. Sorry about that, Annette! We do not generally live like a pack of wolverines! Plus I had boxes all over full of things that I am giving away but have not taken to Salvation Army yet. Sometimes, when you're decluttering, your house looks worse at first. Looks like that's today's mission.

Advice From Dave: Missed my call with Dave yesterday; I have a feeling he's super busy organizing the International Day of Juice Feasting with Matt and Angela and all the other speakers. So I'll share some stuff I've researched elsewhere. Dry skin brushing is a technique that you can do all the time, not just during a juice feast, to get your lymphatic system moving and circulating, and to assist detox. The lymphatic system is a series of glands located around your body, and a super high way that is like a river running all through out your body. The lymph's job is to get rid of toxins, transport fatty acids, and move immune cells from your bones all through out your body where they are needed. It is a one-way high way going toward the heart. Lymph can get congested under our skin, and then it doesn't circulate properly, we can swell up and get edema, like what happens when your feet swell in the heat. If your lymph is congested, your immune system is compromised, and you can't metabolize stored fat properly. Dry skin brushing really helps move lymph! All you do is get a dry, natural bristle body brush, and brush in little circles all over your whole body, starting at your feet and and hands and going in toward your heart. Obviously, you don't brush your face! But you can do a gentle facial massage, circling downward, always toward your heart. The brush can feel a little scratchy and leave you a little pink, but to me it has started to feel really good. It is supposed to be really good for your skin, too, and some people report that it helps you to not have saggy extra skin after taking off a large amount of weight. You know it's part of my plan! lol

Brush away your health concerns!

No comments: